Are you the kind of organisation that prioritises wellbeing and happiness?
Are you looking for ways to inspire your students and/or staff and fancy doing something a bit different?
Would you like to be responsible for helping to reduce stress, ANXIETY and DEPRESSION?
Are you ready to get some happy, CREATIVE people in your life?
If you've found this page then I expect the answer to all of the above is yes, yes, yes and YES!
And the lunchtime crochet club is probably for you.
How can the lunchtime crochet club help my business?
The lunchtime crochet club is perfect for business. Or should I say the lunchtime crochet club is perfect for your staff, who are the people responsible for making your business be awesome. It's a corny thing to say it but happy staff = happy organisation.
The lunchtime crochet club will help your business in four ways:
- giving your staff something for free always (ALWAYS) makes them feel valued.
- giving your staff a skill that they can keep forever is priceless, they will love you for it (plus you may get lots of excellent crocheted jumpers every Christmas as a thank you!)
- crocheting can reduce stress and increase happiness. The repetitive nature of the hooking invokes a meditative state that calms the brain and leads to overall better health and wellbeing, not to mention; reduced anxiety, increased focus, creative thinking, better memory and bigger smiles. Don't believe me, read this article and this one or this one. Anything that can reduce the number of days lost to sickness is worth a try isn't it?
- crocheting can inspire and illuminate, the colourful nature of the activity sure does help, and this can lead to better problem solving and better work performance.
Giving your staff the gift of a new skill is in itself amazing but here's the really incredible thing; crochet (and knitting) are the new tools for a calm mind. Forget meditation and yoga, the therapeutic affect of crocheting is well documented and many people, so many people, credit it with getting them through stressful life situations and reducing the enormity of their anxiety hugely.
How can the lunchtime crochet club help my students?
The lunchtime crochet club is perfect for schools and colleges and offers something a little different to the usual curriculum. My mother delights in telling me that she was taught to knit and crochet at school and it got me wondering (and wishing I'd been taught at school), which led to the creation of the lunchtime crochet club concept. Thanks mum.
The lunchtime crochet club will help your students in three main ways:
- it's fun, inspirational and encourages creative thinking
- crocheting can reduce stress and increase happiness. The repetitive nature of crocheting invokes a meditative state that calms the brain and leads to overall better health and wellbeing.
- this also leads to reduced anxiety, better problem solving, an increased focus whilst also promoting creative thinking, better memory and bigger smiles. Don't believe me, readthis article and this one or this one. Anything that can help keep your students happy and healthy is worth a try isn't it?
Not only that but giving your students the gift of a new skill for life is amazing, plus you may well get super crocheted jumpers every Christmas for life!
How does the lunchtime crochet club work?
You pick a convenient lunchtime (or any one hour period you like) and book us in. You send an email to all your staff asking them if they would like to learn to crochet in their lunchbreak (we can provide promotional materials for this) and wait for the requests to come in. We're pretty sure you'll be inundated but we can only effectively teach 20 people at a time so the first 20 get a place in the club and if you are really inundated then you can book a second or third club session any time you like.
On the day we arrive an hour before to set up the room with huge amounts of inspirational, colourful crocheted stuff, because what's the point of learning something new if you aren't inspired to make something with it. Every club member gets their own crochet hook and large ball of yarn and upon arrival will be taught what to do with it. The tutorial includes how to begin, how to make a chain and how to crochet into that chain using the two most common crochet stitches; double crochet and treble crochet. Every club member will leave the room knowing how to crochet. Amazing.
To further encourage yarn adventures we provide a booklet of stitches with pictures, tips and techniques together with lots of links to inspirational crochet destinations, yarn shops, video tutorials and free patterns.
How can I book a lunchtime crochet club?
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you straight away with available dates. Prices start from £250 for a one hour class and this includes all materials, hooks, yarn and endless amounts of giddy crocheting enthusiasm.