so you want to be successful?
As with most things, being successful is all in your head. Everybody has a different idea of what successful looks like and I think we would be surprised and humbled if we could see what other people's idea of success looked like.
Here are some things I've learned about feeling successful.
1. set goals. know what you want to achieve, define your idea of success and be determined about getting there. My goals are usually based around time; having time to do the things that I want to do whilst still spending quality time with Betsy and Darren.
2. be fluid. we are ever-evolving creatures and goals should be fluid and movable to enable you to always feel successful. Plus I flit from one thing to another all the time, I can't help it, I love stuff and so I don't beat myself up about it. It's good to change your plans and goals around, keeps you on your toes.
3. be responsible. you are in charge of your life, your goals, your success and your thoughts. Nobody else is going to do it for you so get that straight right from the start and you're sorted.
4. see opportunity everywhere. never stop dreaming and never be afraid to try something out that's off-plan. I'm always drifting off on a whim or a fancy and some wonderful things have come my way as a result of that.
5. give up trying to be perfect. it's a funny thing but you instantly feel successful when you stop trying to be princess tippy toes, give it a go, such a relief.
That is all, now go and do some winning.